Skip to main content

Chapter 20: The Fusion of Magic and Sword Techniques

"Guohhh."

A flock of Rock Titus' rushing in with a roar that didn't sound like a turtle.
Their movement was so fast that it also didn't look like a turtle's movement.
From the other side of the fog, a huge body that looked like a small mountain with golden eyes approached.

"Ku! It's quite heavy!"

Rouga-san, who stood in front of the party, took the the enemy's bite attack.
As expected of an B-rank adventurer.
With the huge shield in his hand, the heads of the Rock Titus' which were charging through are repelled.
However, as the number of enemies gathering increases, it becomes more difficult.

"It is here! Ha."

Nino-san throws a shuriken to support Rouga-san.
Is she using special throwing techniques?
The black blade draws an endless trajectory as if it were being manipulated with a string.
Kan, Kan, Kan!
An attack hits the shell of a Titus and makes a metallic sound.
Apparently, these guys are big but not smart.
They couldn't notice that the orbit of the shuriken was bent, so they started to move to the wrong place.

"Uohh! Sei!"

Taking the opportunity created by Rouga-san and Nino-san, I slashed at the Titus.
A flashing black blade.
The necks of the Titus' fly, and flowers of blood blooms.

The forged iron meteorite sword cut through the tough shells of the Titus' just  like cutting paper.

"Guohhh."
"Hmm?"

From somewhere, I heard a cry similar to the rumbling of the ground.
Just what is this guy...
The Titus' suddenly stopped moving and immediately began to retreat.

"What...? It's suddenly gotten quiet."
"I have a bad feeling."
"Look at that! Something... is coming!"

At the point Nino-san pointed to, there was a Titus which was about one size larger than the others.
The shell is burning red, and steam is leaking from holes which were everywhere.
It's as if you're carrying a lump of lava on your back.
It's not a Rock Titus...
When I look at Rouga-san, he makes a bitter face and clicks his tongue.

"It's a Magma Titus, it's a variant of Rock Titus."
"Is it strong?"
"If it's just raw strength, it's not much different from Rock Titus... it's coming!"

At the same time as Rouga-san shouted, steam spouted from the mouth of the Magma Titus.
Hot!!!!!!!
Although I avoided a direct hit, I could feel the intense heat.
The dead branch that had fallen is now burnt. 
 What my eyes saw was steam, but it's almost like a flamethrower…!

"If his steam attack hits directly, your body won't be left intact! Moreover, since the whole body emits heat, even if you approach it, you will get burned!"
"Isn't it obviously stronger than Rock Titus?"
"The shell is soft and it doesn't have the magic resistance that Rock Titus has. It's slow, so you can easily defeat it with a mage. But it's even worse than Rock Titus for swordsmen. "

I see, it is the type that specializes more in killing close-range job class adventures than Rock Titus.
But then there is something we can do about it.
My black sword also has excellent characteristics as a medium for absorbing magic.
It should be possible to hit a slash with magical power.
The magic that I can use is mainly auxiliary, so the attack power is not that much...
With a magic sword, I might be able to defeat that giant Magma Titus.
No, I should be able to beat it.

"I will attack with a magic sword!"
"Magic sword...? What is that?"
"Put magical power on the slash attack and send a flying slash! This way, I can cut it!"
"Hey, hey! Can you do that!?"

Rouga-san and Nino-san can't hide their confusion.
It's no wonder.
When I bought this black sword, although I said I might be able to use it in combination with magic and sword skills.
Indeed, I didn't expect that I had to put yesterday's idea into action today.

"I don't know if it will succeed, but it's difficult to beat it without it."
"... I heard that Sieg can send flying slashes. How about that?"
"That's basically for using when fighting against people, and it's not very powerful."

Although softer than Rock Titus, it carries a rock-like shell.
Its defense power will be considerable.
You probably can't beat it with a less powerful flying slash.
Well, if you have are talented like my neesan, you can slash it in half...
I'm still inexperience, so it's a little impossible.
There is a way to aim at the neck, but unlike Rock Titus, the neck area of Magma Titus is small.

"Can you somehow stop him for a moment? It's going to take some time to make the magic sword."
"Okay, that's fine, but with my shield... the distance is too close."
"... I'll do it. I have a good idea."

Nino-san is confident.
Is it better to leave it to her obediently?
Rouga-san and I look at each other and nod.

"Then..."

Nino-san runs in front of Magma Titus.
She takes out the shuriken and threw it straight without intentionally bending the trajectory.
The shuriken that hits just around the eyes immediately draws the enemy's attention toward Nino-san.

"I'm here! Follow me!"

While changing the position to throw the shuriken, Nino-san controls the movement of Magma Titus.
--Doshin, Doshin!
A giant body reminiscent of a volcano began to accelerate at a gradual speed.

"Soi!"

A kunai with a string was released from Nino-san's hand.
--Bass!
The kunai pierces the dead tree that was growing nearby.
As it was, Nino jumped backwards and moved like a swing using the string extending from the kunai.
That's... right!
Looking at the ground, which was darker than the surroundings, I clap my hands.
Nino-san is luring him into a large bottomless swamp.

"Guoooooh!!"

About the front half of the Magma Titus giant sank.
As expected, it is unlikely that it will fall into the bottomless swamp as it is... but this is enough!
By the time it can escape, I can try to increase the magical power.

"Dorya~!!"

The magical power of ice fills the black sword.
Unleashed with the slash, it flew as an ice blade.
The cold air draws a white trail, and the blue blade runs through the air.
The shell reminiscent of a volcano froze in an instant.
And--.

"Giyaaaaa!!"

Magma Titus's body broke along with a fierce scream filled with death agony.
Yes, it's great success!!!
When I made a guts pose, it exploded my joy.
TL's Note: Sorry for the late chapter, to make up for it, I'll be doing a double update today. 

Previous    ToC    Next