Skip to main content

Chapter 16: Magic Sword

"Oh... it's pitch black...!"

What Berg-san brought out from the back of the workshop was a black and slender sword.
This feeling, it doesn't seem to be made of ordinary metal.
The mysterious glowing sword blade looks like a very dark glass or something.
This is my first time seeing this.
Liza-neesan, who is a Sword Saintess, has been collecting various swords from all over the world.
There was nothing similar to this in that huge collection.

"It's a rare sword. What is it made of?"
"Fufufu... what do you think?"
"It feels like a stone? It's a bit like obsidian."
"No, no! There's no way it could be such a cheap material!"

Berg-san, shook his head to the side and seemed to be indignant.
Apparently, this sword is made of a fairly rare material.
Maybe, a rare gemstone or something?

"Can I give it a try?"
"Oh, that's fine, but be careful because it's so heavy."
"Oh! It really is!"

A feeling of weight that bites into the palm of my hand.
It's like a lump of lead or something.
Should it be said that the density is high?
When I tried shaking it lightly, I heard a sharp wind noise.
This is amazing...!
This sword was clearly different from the swords I had swung so far.
What I felt heavy until earlier now feels like a lie, and it fits easily in my hand.

"It's a good sword...!"
"Right? It's the best masterpiece I've made!"
"... So what is this sword made of? Can you please tell me now?"

Nino-san asked, as if she wasn't able to bear it any longer.
Yes, I also hadn't heard of it yet.
When we all turned our eyes, Berg-san snorted and said proudly.

"Meteorite."
"Huh?"
"It's the so-called meteorite. Originally it was such a big meteorite, but when I melted it, it became this size."

Berg-san expressed the size by spreading his hands to the fullest.
From that size, the diameter of the meteorite should be probably about 2 meters.
I see, it's heavy and hard because such a large object is condensed.

"This is the toughest sword I know. It won't break even if the dragon steps on it. It's okay if you use it with all your might."
"Thank you!"
"Then, this material has one interesting property."

After saying that, Berg-san picked up the lamp at the edge of the room.
It is a type that makes magic stones shine.
He lights it and brings it closer to the sword.

"Ah!"

The lamp suddenly went dark.
Something like a golden mist escapes from the magic stone that shines in the glass.
It was sucked into the sword I was holding.

"Just now, was that... magical power?"
"Yes. The meteorite used in this sword has the property of sucking in and storing magical power. If you use it well, you can even cut the magic and nullify it."
"Ehh...!"

The most difficult thing for a swordsman is to deal with attack magic.
In my case, it's still better because I can use defensive magic...
If you can prevent it with a sword, that is the easiest thing to do.

"Well, it can't absorb infinitely. After absorbing magic to some extent, it needs to be released."
"Hmm? Does that mean that if you accumulate magical power in advance, you can also cast magic from the sword?"
"Yeah, it can. I bought the meteorite used for this sword at an auction, but there were some who tried to bid for it as a material for making a cane."
"That's amazing! If you can cast magic from your sword, the range of battling options will expand!"

When I said that, Nino-san and Rouga-san looked awkward for some reason.
That is not all.
Even Berg-san, who was happy to explain the sword, has a troubled face.
The face was as if he was dealing with a child who was still in a dream world.

"Hmm... it's better to stop incorporating magic into the battle."
"Why?"
"The guys who can do swords and magic usually try to take advantage of both. But I've never seen anyone who did it well."

Nino-san and Berg-san nod, agreeing with Rouga-san's opinion.
I thought it would work, but is it quite difficult?
By the way, my sisters also said that I shouldn't do things halfheartedly.
First of all, I need to reach an extremely well understanding of each path.

"Moreover, Sieg is good at light magic, right? It's mainly a recovery and purification attribute, so I don't think it's suitable for combat."
"No? I'm not really good at light magic."
"Eh? Didn't you use an advanced magic, Sanctuary!"

Nino-san is confused.
Even so, it doesn't mean that I can only use light magic.
From Ciel-neesan and Fam-neesan, all the attributes of magic have been throughly ingrained in me.
What's more, if you ask neesans, I had "ordinary talents" in all attributes.

"No way, Sieg, don't tell me you can use magic of other attributes besides light magic?"
"Yes, that's right..."
“……………… Let's withdraw the previous statement. If it's Sieg, I think he might be able to do it.”

Rouga-san tells with a tone that seems to have guessed something.
Nino-san and Berg-san also nodded strongly to match him.
Previous    ToC    Next